It is hard to believe it is April already and Easter is this coming Sunday. This year is just flying by it seems, yet standing still at the same time for some families that are on my heart this morning. Therefore, I have three or four prayer requests.
1. Baby Stellan is having such a rough time stabilizing in the hospital. Underneath the sweet picture of him on his blog is a delicate heart that needs God's healing touch today. Jessica, his mommy needs our prayers too. I can't imagine having a child sick like this. It breaks my heart for them.
2. Baby Michael Z is my newest Trisomy 18 buddy who was just born last week and has so many medical issues that need our immediate prayers. His blog is Above Mediocrity on my blog roll in my profile and his Daddy has posted pictures of him. He is the sweetest baby and beautiful in every way. They need our prayers big time. I don't know how to link blogs in my posts but you can find it in my profile.
3. A sweet lady named Kathleen is carrying a baby girl with Trisomy 18 and the doctors have told her that they will not be of much help when she is born. They have urged her to terminate. She is trusting the Lord to guide her but is getting such negative medical advice. All babies are a gift from God and have every right to the best chance at life. Just look at Annabel, Mallorie and Zoe B. for a reason to believe for these precious babies. God does not make mistakes, we do.
4. A dear friend of mine has a son who is struggling with drug addiction and needs our prayers for his deliverance. He has entered rehab again and prayers for the devils stronghold on him to be broken are needed now!. Please pray for a broken and willing heart for this young man. God is a God of miracles, able to heal him completely. Prayers for his wife and family are needed too.
5. Prayers for another perfect ultrasound for sweet Kristy and her perfect baby girl today. Sweet peace for Kristy's heart as God goes before her in that room.
6. Prayers for Kim as she will be having her baby in just a few days. She's one of my "girls" and I am asking God to bless the delivery and her family as they meet their new gift.
And of course Emily's Abigail Joy is just the most precious and healthy and beautiful baby girl. They are HOME, yes they are and I pray for her heart as she balances all of the emotions that are in it. Did I say that this baby is gorgeous?
Our weekend was a good one. The grandkids slept over Friday night and we had so much fun watching them buzzing around and staying up past their normal bedtimes:) We are grandparents and we get to do what we want here:) What a joy to hear them talking and laughing in the morning when they woke up. I don't know who loves it more, me or Grandpa! We love these kids so much and I hope they always remember the fun here as they grow up.
The old tile is coming down in the bathroom today, YAY!!! Messy, noisy, but all good. The new tile will go up this week, new fixtures, and new floor tiles will be done by Friday. It has been a long road but so worth it. Then I can get motivated to get going on spring cleaning and decluttering around here. I have tons to do and hope I can stay focused and motivated.
So, that's what has been going on over the past few days here. I hope you all had a good weekend and will have an even better week. Please remember my friends in prayer when you can. They are all special to me and so are all of you. Counting my blessings today, so many to be thankful for. I love you.
Love and Hugs, Laurie