Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Love The Month Of March

I don't really have much to say tonight except that I love that this is the first day of March, 2009. It was such a beautiful spring-like day today; sunny, warm in the 80's and I just feel so full of Hope. I am coming out of hibernation and I can feel it! Next Saturday night we turn the clocks ahead and I just love it. I love to have more daylight at the end of my day. Spring is right around the corner and will be here on the 20th. So many of my blogfriends are anxiously waiting for Spring and I know how they feel. There is just something about this season that renews my hope for myself and for others. New beginnings, new life, new dreams, and contentment. I am content in my life and I can truly say that I have more than I need. God has taught me that contentment is a condition of my heart. I have worked with His gentle leading on this for most of my life and I intend to continue until the day He calls me home. I have lived long enough to realize that every valley was a blessing and lessons learned in these valleys are my treasures. I did not like being in the valleys and drug my feet along the paths, but I am so grateful that He knew I needed to go through them. He knew I needed to learn how to hope without fear of something bad being right around the bend. Balance, He is teaching me balance. I still fear at times, but I am going to open my heart even wider this Spring and push past the fears of the unknown. The Lord has planted more hope in my heart for Spring and all that is to come. And Easter is coming too. What a blessing Easter is to all of us who love the Lord and put our trust in Him.

What are your hopes for Spring and what do you love about this season? I'd love to hear your thoughts. And if you have anything that needs prayer, let me know this too. I love you and hope you have a wonderful night.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Hope is a wonderful thing. And fear is not. We have been feeling a bit of apprehension for our financial future because of the mess we're in as a country - it's scary. But I am trying to not stress. That would be a prayer request!

Spring is a wonderful thing!

Linds said...

Hope is my word for the year, and spring is full of hope - new birth. I was in the garden clearing away some of the old dead things, and there beneath all the rubbish, were the green shoots. Hope. I love it. The old is cast off and the new is there in all its glory.
Spring (and Easter) is a beautiful time of the year.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I would ask you to pray for the burden on my heart placed there by my insurance company be lessened. I feel such anger toward the company and the agent dealing with my case and that anger is consuming me:(

Spring is truly all about hope, I hear the wind howl around today and the temperature is -10C, but the sun is bright pouring into the living room this afternoon. I love the way the sun shines onto our living room floor in the mid to late afternoon. Matthew is home sick and snuggled up watching Franklin on the floor with the sun shining across him. I guess my point is hope is here, that warmer weather is coming:)

Thanks Laurie, I love you.

Cascia Talbert said...

It's in the eighties already where you are? I sure wish it would warm up like that here. It's been cold and rainy. We are supposed to have a dry day tomorrow but then the rest of the week it is going to rain. I can't wait until we get 80 degree weather!

her said...

Oh Laurie, you always bring focus to the simle things of life..I love the BALANCE you are experiencing...maybe it has something to do w/our age (you and me) but I also am noticing the sense of balance...much different than that of our younger bloggers...much different.

My prayer request is for the conference I am leading next weekend. I know God put the exact words and illustrations into my heart and onto pen/paper, but now I am feeling the fear of the 'NOT GOOD ENOUGHS'

I must trust God that if He led me to this place, then I must drink of the water and share it w/those who will be there.

Remember me next week and especially 3-13-09 thru 3-14-09.
I so want to be used by God even if it was only for one woman...in the 'season of her life.'

Thanks friend! Joy for your March!
Debi

TheCarlsonCrew said...

I share your sentiments about spring...and am ready for 80 degree weather here in Missouri! My hope for spring lies in our new baby girl. Already, our pregnancy with her has allowed us to experience great healing while also giving us space to embrace special memories of Caden. I love the picture of your "Atlanta 8" in your earlier post and wish I could meet those incredible women. :) Hope springs eternal...and much of mine is a result of the support of others...like you!

Chris and Emily said...

I'm normally with you on the whole spring thing but this year we celebrated it turning march with snow and it was perfect for us.
Spring represents hope to me too and also redemption.

Rach said...

Hi Friend. I see still no new post and I'm hoping everything is okay.

HUGS.