Thursday, January 22, 2009
"Thank You-Thank You" Accepting Award #1
I received my very first award on my blog last week from my new and wonderful friend Pam over at Country Mouse-City Mouse. I love this girl and we have become fast friends. If all goes well, the picture will appear above when I get this done and if I do it right. Note to myself: Think backwards.
HONEST SCRAP AWARD
[ Honorees are to list 10 honest things about themselves-and make it interesting, even if we have to dig deep! Second, we are to pass the award on to 7 bloggers we feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.]
1. I am a very insecure person and it has caused me to seek acceptance of others all of my life and
I work on this day by day.
2. Added to #1 above, I have always had a distorted and not so good self image but am learning
to see myself as God sees me, not easy but doable day by day.
3. I love people and especially children. I make friends easily and can be very comfortable in a
crowd. I know, it doesn't make sense to me either. I get lost in kids and they make my heart
soar with joy. I feel like one when I am with them. God teaches me the most about myself
when I am with kids. They always accept me as I am and I am honored to earn their trust.
4. This one is hard. If you know about me, it may make sense. I did not cry when my father
and my mother died, 21 years apart. It makes me feel dead inside to admit this here. And to
to be totally honest, I have not cried for over 10 years. My heart cries for others grief, but no
5. I am an animal lover. I have had so many cats and dogs in my lifetime. I am partial to cats
because of their fierce independence. They do what they want at all times. I have never
without at least one cat, ever. I picked up strays and brought them home. I could not keep
them but I tried.
6. When I was four years old, my mom had a box with my momma cat and her four kittens set
out for the animal shelter to pick up. I opened the box and the momma ran out. I took the
four kittens and hid with them in the shed out back in an empty refrigerator and I shut the
door. Dumb. All five of us sat in there for almost two hours while hearing my mom call for
me. When I couldn't open the door, I got scared and finally called out.
7. I can't swim, but I love to be around water. I love the sight of it, the sound of waves crashing,
the smell of the ocean salt air, I have five water fountains in my yards. Not that this matters
but I am a Pisces. So is my sister in law, both daughter in laws, my brothers second wife and
two of my girlfriends. Water, hmmm.:)
8. I am a control freak and it is so hard for me to let go and let God work in my life on me. I am
learning with each new thing that comes up that I won't win, only postpone the inevitable
that He has a better plan for me. ~sigh~ I should know by now don't you think?
9. In my married life of 40 years, I have gotten up at roughly 4:00 am to get my honey off to
work. I believe in this, for me. It is not an option to not be up with him. I may cuddle up in
my fuzzy blanket on the couch after he leaves, but I appreciate him so much for being such a
wonderful provider without complaint. He does not expect it, but I know it starts his day on
a good note.
10. Last of all, I do not "twitter" because I do not own a cell phone:) So, if anyone has invited
me to "twitter" with you and I said yes, I didn't know it required a cell phone. Does this
make me outdated? Heck, I am just getting the hang of blogging and posting pictures.
I am passing this award on to: Dawn, Karen in Apple Valley, Kristy in Oregon, Rachel Davis,
Connie, Cathy and Dee Dee.